Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hello, My name is Pip and I'm a caffeine addict.


I love coffee. I love everything about it.The way it smells, the way it tastes, the way it makes me feel. I can't function without it. There is just something about the whole coffee ritual that makes me feel good inside. It brings me great joy. I drink coffee to perk (pun intended) me up and to calm me down. I drink it when I feel great and when I feel lousy. I even like SONGS about coffee (Cigarettes and Coffee by Otis Redding) One of the things that made me fall helplessly in love with my sweetie was that he fixes my coffee in the morning and brings it to me in my favorite coffee cup. Yes, coffee and me, we're on good terms.
We had an interesting conversation about caffeine this morning at work and I was very surprised that caffeine is a psychotropic drug that can cause hallucinations. I was also very surprised that 90% of Americans consume more than the "recommended" amount of caffeine each day. I would have guessed that number to be higher. I can't think of one single person I know that doesn't drink coffee, tea, or pop (soda) or eat chocolate.
So, what is your guilty pleasure and how does it make you feel?
BTW-That is a caffeine molecule over on the right.


No comments: