Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleigh Ride

"Just hear those slepgh bells jinling, ring-ting-tingling too, Come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you" ...so sings Johnny Mathis.

If you read my previous posts you know that we have snow in Ohio. SO, I ordered sleds from amazon.com for thekidlets. If you've been to any of the local MART stores, you know that sleds cost upwards of $30. These were less than $15 each. (One was only $10.95) Even with shipping I spent less on three sleds than I would have for just one at the store. They arrived yesterday. I'm so excited!

This is what I ordered:

The one on the left is a blow up type thing, shaped like a peanut with low places for "seats" The one on the right is a rigid styrofoam thing, much like a surfboard with a highly polished bottom. It is a FAST sled.
I got called in to work last night but when I got home at 9:30, I opened the box, took a sled and went outside, dress clothes and all, and threw myself down the hill in my front yard. It was fun! I'm not sure what my neighbors thought of it but I really didn't care. I looked like I was smuggling SnoKones in my cleavage. I begged Sweetie to come outside and play with me but he wouldn't do it. He said that he was "old and fragile". When that excuse didn't work he said he was "warm and cuddly". That didn't work either. The he said "Baby, it's 10:00 at night!" I told him he was a big sissy. (actually, I used a different word that ends in -ssy. You can figure it out. )That's OK. I don't care if I am 37 years old. I'll dress in layers. I'll have someone to play with when the kidlets get here this weekend. He can stay in and be warm if he wants to.
Get outside and do something fun. Stop acting your age and go sledding with your kids. Build a snowman. You'll have fun. I triple dog dare you!

No comments: