Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I'm a mildly superstitious person, but not in the normal sense. I believe in strange superstitions. I NEVER put shoes on a table and I NEVER rock an empty rocking chair. It's bad luck at a baseball team if you get up to go to the bathroom when your team is at bat. I don't know where I picked those up but I did.

In honor of Friday the 13th, I'm posting some Stevie Wonder Lyrics.

Hope you don't have any bad luck today, Watch out for black cats, don't walk under any ladders or break any mirrors. And throw some salt over your shoulder , just to be safe.

Very superstitious, writings on the wall,
Very superstitious, ladders bout to fall,
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin glass
Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past.
When you believe in things that you dont understand,
Then you suffer,Superstition aint the way
Very superstitious, wash your face and hands,
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can,
Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin strong,
You dont wanna save me, sad is my song.
When you believe in things that you dont understand,
Then you suffer,Superstition aint the way, yeh, yeh.
Very superstitious, nothin more to say,
Very superstitious, the devils on his way,
Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin glass,
Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past
When you believe in things that you dont understand,T
hen you suffer,Superstition aint the way, no, no, no

POST SCRIPT:

Check out this website for some fun and funky superstitions

http://www.corsinet.com/trivia/scary.html



1 comment:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You just inspired me to record all of my mom's superstitions. She would never let me rock an empty chair!