Monday, August 23, 2010

30 days of Truth, part 3

Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
My cooking. I love to cook. Its how I show people that I care about them.

Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
My accomplishments. I have worked hard professionally and personally to achieve goals. I put myself through college and paid every single dime of my student loans myself. I have a wall full of awards and plaques. I have bought and paid for 2 brand new vehicles, several used vehicles, and a home by myself, with no one else’s help. I am working on my second college degree right now. As a woman working in a predominately male field, I think the things I have done go completely unnoticed and appreciated.

Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days.
Christina Aguilera is my go to girl, especially her “Stripped” album. The song “Fighter” really speaks to my soul. I used to listen to it on my way to work every morning just to psych myself up for the day. When I look back at terrible things that have happened to me, or people who have wronged me I can say “makes me work a little bit harder, it makes me that much stronger, makes me that much wiser” When I started dating my husband I liked to listen to “Aint No Other Man” and “Candy Man” from the Back to Basics album. I made sure those two songs were played at our wedding reception. When I need a little pick me up, that’s what I pop in the CD player in the car- LOUD.

Day 14 → A hero that has let you down.
I’ve never had a hero, ever, so I can’t really answer this one.

Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Coffee. I had to give it up for a while and it was miserable. I’d rather be sick than go without coffee.

No comments: