Thursday, August 19, 2010

30 Days of Truth, part 2

Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
I hope I never have to bury another husband. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I would eat glass to never have to do it again. Making "those calls" is a horrible, gut wrenching thing to be forced to do.

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
I do not mean for this so sound cliché, but my honest to goodness answer is the man I am married to. He re-entered my life at a very dark and difficult time and I can truthfully say that he saved my life and made me a better person. I will never be able to find a way to thank him for that as long as I live. We have been together for 2 years and have known each other since we were just kids but he still gives me the butterflies, I still like to watch him, and I hate being separated from him for any length of time.

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
There was someone who literally terrorized me to the point of having a nervous breakdown. I was on valium and zanax, and in mass quantities for nearly a year. I couldn’t sleep, my hair fell out and I was a nervous wreck. Because I still have ties to this person I will not name names or give any more details.

Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
My best friend Chris. We lived together for a while. After I moved into my own house we sort of just had separate lives. I miss her but I don’t often get the chance to just hang out with her the way we used to.

Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
I know a lot of toxic people, the clingers and hangers on. The people who literally drain the energy from you just by being around you. I wish I didn’t know them.

No comments: