Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Those About to Rock...

I was in High School when the bubblegum pop phenomenon hit. New Kids on the Block, New Edition, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany...they were all the rage. Not for me however, I was a metal girl into Autograph, GNR, Metallica, Def Leppard and AC/DC. I was in L.O.V.E. with that Aussie School boy named after a breed of cattle- Angus Young. I don't know why, I just do. It's a force of nature or something. I can tell you this, I may not have been able to balance an equation in algebra but I knew that Angus played a 1969 Gibson SG standard guitar with his signature Humbucker bridge. Like this:



Don't know much about AC/DC you say? The band was founded in 1973 by brothers Angus and Malcom. They were managed by Shania Twain's famous ex husband, Mutt Lange. Their singer, Bon Scott died in 1980 and the band paid tribute to their lost friend by making the album Back in Black with Brian Johnson as singer, which is one of the best selling albums of that genre in all time. It has gone Platinum 22 times. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. Their latest album is titled Black Ice, which I got for my birthday from my Sweetie.



So, why am I tell you all of this? Because I heard on the radio this morning that today, March 31, is Angus Youngs's birthday.

Happy Birthday Angus. We salute you!

No comments: